Clients and Work
Creation of a Social Enterprise program, utilizing the Gender By Us™ toolkit as the foundation.
- Gather advisory committee of local business experts.
- Conduct market research and focus groups.
- Create thorough business, operational, and launch plans.
- Provide staffing for sales and internal processes during pilot program.
- Assist with launch event planning and implementation.
Piloting implementation of the organization's newly created Social Enterprise; In(form)ed.
- Embed within the organization as temporary capacity during the pilot phase.
- Work out all "bugs" affiliated with a new business.
- Create staffing plan and applicable job description(s).
- Provide staffing for sales and administrative processes during pilot.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with community partners throughout the alpha and beta test phases.
- Manage the implementation of the project from start to finish.
- Continue relationships with all stakeholders; including but not limited to app designers, marketing/media experts, and the existing SE Catalyst team.
Explore the feasibility of; then prepare for implementation of; a Social Enterprise internal to the Van Buren Shelter.
- Research into best practices and current conditions.
- Recommendations regarding feasibility of program.
- Creation of a business plan for the program, including:
- Timeline/quarterly operational chart
- Budget/Financial model
- Program Outline
- Future Concepts
- Other sections as applicable
- Manage entire process, including (but not limited to) all components of kitchen renovation, securing funding and sponsorship, gaining internal and external stakeholder buy-in, and internal process creation and iteration.
Design and run Officer's Group workshop to align vision for Strategic Growth Campaign.
- Complete background research and interviews
- Hold 5 hour workshop designed to create alignment and determine overall vision
Run leadership and team lead staff retreats to align shelter vision, mission, and logistics. Workshops include:
- Customer Service
- Empathy and Understanding
- Facilitated Dialogue and Communication Across Differences
- Effective Feedback Strategies
Create an innovative interpersonal program for the guests of the Van Buren Center
- Interview stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Review current conditions.
- Make recommendations regarding updates to current system, necessary prior to implementation of a new program.
- Research best practices.
- Create innovative and "outside the box" program outline, including phased approach.
- Design job description for individual to implement the program.
Creation of a new system and design of an implementation plan for distribution of healthy, affordable food to at-risk neighborhoods.
- Participate in design workshops
- Facilitate work groups through planning process
- Recruit diverse group of all volunteer participants
Creation of an overview business planning document for an internal Social Enterprise - Nature's Touch Landscaping.
- Hold session to determine purpose of document, and what is needed to reach that purpose.
- Review and analyze existing documents.
- Determine "holes" in existing information.
- Create sections to complete analysis.
- Complete financial analysis to guide decision making.
- Present document to Executive Director and Board Committee.
Festival Chair for annual celebration of Social Enterprise.
- Work in collaboration with other Planning Committee members throughout the year.
- Build and maintain relationships with Social Enterprises operating in Central Ohio.
- Encourage vendor participation, handle all logistics-related information.
- Provide project management skills to ensure high levels of customer service in all aspects of the planning process.
Facilitated Board Retreat to gain consensus on forward path of the organization.
- Worked in partnership with PATH consultant to hold full day retreat:
- Review of Strength and Opportunities (SWOT analysis).
- Vision Workshop to identify one Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) for the next year.
- Created Strategic Plan Outline including specific and thorough steps to reach the BHAG.
Solidify, implement, and prepare a Social Enterprise business accelerator for state-wide expansion.
- Review current program conditions.
- Ensure cohesive and consistent communication between multiple partners.
- Implement 14 week accelerator program:
- Recruit participants, subject matter experts, and mentors
- Coordinate and facilitate business education sessions
- Organize "pitch event" for start-up funding and resources
- Create implementation documents and program standards, allowing for seamless expansion into new state-wide markets.
Partner Needs Assessment
- Hold focus groups, create and administer surveys, and make individual partner calls to assess current conditions.
- Make recommendations to allow client to provide key strategic support to partners in order to meet national annual goals for both outputs and outcomes.
Project Management for Curricula Updates
- Supervise team of reviewers from multiple organizations, aligning goals, timelines, and schedules.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Provide oversight and quality control.
Programmatic document review and consolidation for Share Our Strength's Cooking Matters® Program
- Assess current conditions.
- Review Implementation Guidelines, Gold Standards, and Program Agreements.
- Facilitate conversation regarding document process and use.
- Provide recommendations for document process and use.
- Consolidate documents for ease of use and efficiency or process.
Define clear path forward to get an Autism employment support facility off the ground.
- Work with founder to succinctly define: Vision, Mission, Brand Identity, and Brand Promise.
Creation of implementation plan, and initial implementation of, a Community Food Box program to include Veggie SNAPs in the 2017 YellowBird CSA program
- Interview all involved parties - with YellowBird, Veggie SNAPs, and external partners.
- Research and review local and national best practices.
- Create plan to seamlessly integrate Veggie SNAPs into the 2017 CSA program - this plan will include recommendations for logistics, implementation, staffing, budget, etc.
- Create plan to include CSA shares for an at-risk population, regardless of Veggie SNAP participation.
- Build partnerships with external host sites to distribute local, healthful food to an at-risk population.
- Pilot the plan and create solutions to all challenges
- Create job description for ongoing program management
2016 Columbus Arts Festival waste management program planning and implementation
- Determination of deliverables.
- Enhancements to current year's plan.
- Research and documentation of current conditions.
- Sustainability reporting.
- Recommendations for future improvement.
Oak Leaf Farm (1/10 acre farm owned and operated by Veterans) development and implementation
- Sales strategy research, recommendations, and connections
Regular Adjunct Professor for a semester long course; The Socially Just City; through City and Regional Planning
- As advocates for marginalized communities, planners can promote policies which expand opportunity and create sustainable communities.
- Discussion topics include:
- Social Justice & Equity
- Segregation, Fair Housing, Exclusionary & Inclusionary Zoning
- Civic Engagement & Community Organization
Adjunct Professor for a 12-week course; Tactical Urbanism; through City and Regional Planning
- OSU students work with teams of at-risk youth (aged 14-16) to engage in a community planning process.
- Students vision, plan, and implement a Tactical Urbanism project on the Near East Side of Columbus.
- At the completion of the course, students had:
- a deeper understanding of engaging others in project management
- learned the visioning, planning, budgeting, staffing, and implementation skills needed to complete a project from start to finish
Advisor for the creation of the Ohio Prison Entrepreneurship Program through the Fisher College of Business.
- Advise students on project management
- Oversee movement of the project across semesters, with varied student involvement
- Advise on curriculum development, volunteer management
- Lead focus groups within the Southeastern Correctional Institute
Program development, implementation, and reiterations. Project management and logistics.
- Facilitated conversations with key community partners to gain consensus and sift through complex options to create and measure data-driven outcomes for multiple projects and programs.
- Created and implemented a successful social enterprise business within the umbrella of the nonprofit (Wellness Matters).
- Led the effort to bring Cooking Matters, a national program run by Share Our Strength (Washington D.C. nonprofit), to Columbus.
- Created and implemented state-wide programmatic expansion plans for the Cooking Matters program.
- Utilized data to troubleshoot/analyze/diagnose/refresh the social enterprise as well as three other core programs.
- Developed, implemented, and managed day-to-day logistics of four core programs.
- Created a thorough work planning and personal development process for all programs and staff.
- Oversaw programmatic document overhaul and organization.
- Designed internal processes, paperwork, forms, and measurement tools.
Analyzed current business practices, made recommendations for process improvements, created and implemented training program for internal and external stakeholders.
- Took complex technical information and created and presented easy to digest summary reports for high-level executives.
- Reporting and analytics of operations.
- Planning/forecasting, budgeting, KPI/scorecard measurement, performance and productivity measurement.
- Project Leader/Business Delivery for technical projects.
- Created and implemented a national training plan to train all certified Life Insurance Agents on a complex new online tool; iPipeline; used to submit online insurance applications. Trained Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on internal teams.